Cent Pump FlowrangeToggle
- This calculator should be used when designing new pumping systems. It provides users with the recommended flowrange for centrifugal pumps being considered for purchase. The severity of vibration that occurs as a result of cavitation or hydraulic stalling is dependent on the severity of the event and the energy levels present. High powered pumps, and large flows, have more energy available for damage than low flow, low power units. There are no simple equations that can be universally applied to determine allowable operating limits. However this calculator provides some guidance for allowable operating flowrange, based on the pump's suction specific speed. If the user inputs BEP flow, BEP NPSHr, number of impeller eyes, and rated speed, the calculator will return acceptable range of specific suction speeds which can then be used to determine acceptable flow ranges from the pump curves.
- The NPSHa > NPSHr throughout the recommend flowrange
- Pump performance curve data is available
- Criticality, size, and energy level of pump are considered when selecting the actual flowrange
- The pump is properly installed
- The pumping systems allows the pumps to operate in the allowable flowrange